CTP, a leader in the development of high-temperature ceramic composites for advanced energy and industrial applications, is seeking a full-time engineer with a background in material science and/or mechanical engineering to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will possess the following as a minimum:
- 2 to 6 years experience (a masters degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience)
- Experience with 3D modeling and drawings
- Strong analytical and mathematical capabilities
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (ANSYS®)
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment; i.e. wearing multiple hats and managing multiple priorities
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working with ceramic matrix composites (CMCs)
- Micro-mechanical modeling of CMCs
- Experience working with SiC composites
- Experience in chemical vapor deposition, polymer infiltration and pyrolysis processes
- Knowledge of advance energy and/or industrial markets
- Experience with MATLAB
- BS Degree in Material Science or Mechanical Engineering
- Masters in related field a plus
Travel 10% – 20%
Must be a US Citizen
CTP is a small business located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in central Virginia. We offer an outstanding opportunity to grow professionally as the company grows.
For consideration, please send your resume, along with a cover letter to ([email protected]).
One response to “Mid-Level Mechanical/Materials Engineer”
Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! 🙂