CTP, a leader in the development of high-temperature ceramic composites for advance energy and industrial applications, is seeking a full-time senior engineer with a comprehensive background in both material science and mechanical design/analysis to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will possess the following as a minimum:
- 6 to 10 years experience
- Experience working with ceramic matrix composites (CMCs) with a working knowledge of CMC manufacturing methods
- Broad analytic capabilities combined with practical field/lab experience
- Demonstrated competency in Finite Element Analysis (ANSYS®)
- Ability to take on the role of Principle Investigator
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects up to $10 million
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment; i.e. wearing multiple hats and managing multiple priorities
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 3D modeling using SolidWorks®
- Micro-mechanical modeling of CMCs
- Experience working with SiC composites
- Experience in chemical vapor deposition, polymer infiltration and pyrolysis processes
- Knowledge of advance energy and/or industrial markets
- BS Degree in Material Science or Mechanical Engineering
- Masters in related field a plus
Travel 10% – 20%
Must be a US Citizen
CTP is a small business located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in central Virginia. We offer an outstanding opportunity to grow professionally as the company grows.
For consideration, please send your resume, along with a cover letter to (firstname.lastname@example.org).